Friday, June 3, 2011

Good thing for Smallies!

Well the striper game continues to be hit or miss. I'll be on the salt tuesday...if not sooner. Fingers crossed! Thankfully, the smallmouth bite has been awesome! Last week I landed my best of the season so far, a 19.5" 4lb beast!
Picture perfect bronzeback!
This week I repeated the length....but with considerable less weight. This spawned out 19.5" fish probably didn't weigh more than 2.5 pounds!
Skin and Bones!!
One other nice shot from along the way.....most of them fell to small crankbaits, but tube jigs produced a few as well. 
After one of those smallmouths made its way into the boat, it gave me a little payback for sticking a hook in him. I took the photo after I pushed the hook through the rest of the way, as it was buried past the barb. It hurt too much with the barb in me to reach for the camera, but once through it wasn't so bad....
ouch!

Other than that I have been trout fishing a couple of times. One time was in preparation to take out a client, and a downpour earlier that day had brought the river right up to the bank and turned it mud brown....far from ideal conditions for a beginner! Earlier in the week I found plenty of eager trout though!
This one didn't want to pose!
A nice bow comes to hand!
The weather looks great this week! Lets go fishing!!!
Captain Bill
Captbille@gmail.com
860.918.2338

No comments:

Post a Comment