Monday, May 16, 2011

Freshwater Action

What a week on the sweetwater! Mothers Day, I hit my local lake from the Kayak for just over an hour.  I took only one rod a couple of small crankbaits, and had constant action. My best 3 fish were all 17" or better!
17.5 inch Largemouth
17" Smallmouth
I fished a couple more times during the week, with good numbers of small fish caught each time. On friday night my brother joined me, and on his third cast this beast ate his offerings!
Brians 6lb (or so) Largemouth
Saturday night we were back at it, but this time Brian brought his flyrod. Again, on one of his first few casts he found this largemouth, his personal best on fly:
He is on fire!!!
Sunday we gave it one more shot, landed a handful of small bass to 14" or so, and headed in before it got too late for a change. 

The weather looks awful this week. Again. This is getting old. 

Captain Bill
860.918.2338
CaptBillE@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment