Thursday, April 14, 2011

Catch-up!

Been a while since I've posted, I was away for work, then away again for vacation. I did get out a couple times before I left, but when this was what I was dealing with, I wasn't too upset about leaving!
I did manage a fish or two...


But none the less...Hawaii was calling! I did catch a ride on a charter one day, in hopes of marlin, but without success. While there Mike did help me catch my first carp on fly...on a topwater hopper!
So now I'm home, and back on the water! Tuesday I was short on time so I just hit a private pond, the brookies in there are gorgeous!
Tonight my buddy travis and I hit a local river. He was throwing an array of metal and minnow lures, I was throwing streamers as usual. We both managed a couple of strikes, but the fish were tough, high sun and a ton of fishing pressure was showing its effects on the stockies!! We watched countless fish nose right up to the lure or fly, then scoot away! 
One brown couldn't resist the muddler minnow...
This weekend brings with it opening day for trout season on non trout management areas. The rivers will be a little crowded, but thats alright, I'll be turning my attention to stripers! 

The usual "early season" bass bite is an afternoon bite...I'll keep you all updated...get ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment