Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fish Fry!!

Combine the high cost of fuel with mixed reports from the striper front, and I am in no hurry to rush down to the salt! One thing I didn't get to this past winter was ice fishing, and filling the freezer with a bunch of panfish. No big deal, it can still be done, I just can't wait too long or they start to take on a muddy taste as the water warms. So, today Travis and I picked a local pond and went to it! It didn't take long and we were catching fish...mostly pickerel, but with a nice handful of Largemouth Bass, Yellow Perch, and a Calico Bass mixed in. Here's what we took home:
Here's what they looked like once I got them home and cleaned up....
After a dip in beer batter and then into oil....
And here's what they look like just before I devour them!
Hoping to add a turkey to the freezer tomorrow morning, then back to the fish! 

Captain Bill
Captbille@gmail.com
860.918.2338

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Bill a bunch of D.U. guys from Blue Trails are heading up to Vermont this week. I'll let you know how we did. Love the blog
    Mark G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark, great to hear from you! Good luck in VT!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete